AresMUSH is designed with three goals in mind:
Make it Easier to Play
Ares makes it easier to play for new and veteran MUSHers alike.
- A fully-integrated website/wiki.
- A familiar experience for Penn and TinyMUX players.
- Player handles, which bring a taste of social media to MUSHes.
- A ground-up focus on making a pleasant user experience.
Ares is designed to offer a familiar experience to both Penn and TinyMUX players, so experienced players will feel right at home. At the same time, a fully-integrated web portal and streamlined commands make the game easier to play for new players and old alike.
Learn more at Ares for Players.
Make it Easier to Create a Game
Existing MUSH clients effectively require you to have a coder on board before you can make a game. Coding should be an afterthought, not your primary concern. Ares makes it easier to create a game.
- Turnkey installation with automated scripts and step-by-step instructions.
- A complete MUSH-in-a-box that can be installed and configured by people with no prior code experience.
- A fully-integrated Web Portal, so you don’t need to manage a separate wiki.
- Easy web-based configuration.
- FS3 comes built-in, and several other skill systems are available as easy-to-install plugins.
Learn more at Ares for Admins.
Make it Easier to Code
Coding is hard in any language, especially if you’ve never done it before. However, Ares code offers some advantages over traditional MUSH softcode:
- A robust plugin system that makes it easy to change core functionality.
- Extensive tutorials to teach you Ares coding from the ground up.
Learn more at Ares for Coders.
Ares Compared To Other Servers
You can also see a detailed comparison of Ares and other MU servers in Server Roundup.